Health Benefits of Matrimony VinePosted in Home remedies by Amanda Waller
Matrimony vine, also known as goji berry or wolfberry, is a small red fruit that grows on a vine native to China. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years to promote longevity and improve overall health. In recent years, scientific research has revealed the numerous health benefits of matrimony vine, making it an increasingly popular superfood. Here are some of the health benefits of matrimony vine:
1. Boosts the immune system: Matrimony vine is packed with antioxidants and other nutrients that support the immune system. Studies have shown that it can help increase the production of white blood cells, which are essential in fighting off infection and disease.
2. Improves eyesight: Matrimony vine is high in zeaxanthin and lutein, two nutrients that are essential for healthy eyesight. They are known to help prevent age-related macular degeneration and other eye diseases.
3. Promotes heart health: Matrimony vine contains a variety of phytochemicals that are good for the heart. These include beta-sitosterol, which helps to lower cholesterol levels, and polysaccharides, which help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Enhances brain function: Matrimony vine has been shown to improve cognitive function in older adults. It may also help to prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by reducing oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain.
5. Boosts energy levels: Matrimony vine is high in vitamins and minerals that help to boost energy levels and reduce fatigue. It is also known to improve sleep quality, which can help to increase energy levels during the day.
6. Supports weight loss: Matrimony vine may help to promote weight loss by boosting metabolism and reducing inflammation in the body. It may also help to reduce cravings for unhealthy foods and increase feelings of fullness.
7. Cancer Treatment: addition to the above benefits, matrimony vine may also have cancer-fighting properties. Studies have shown that the antioxidants in matrimony vine can help to protect the body against the damage caused by free radicals, which can contribute to the development of cancer. In particular, matrimony vine has been found to be effective in fighting breast cancer and liver cancer. The polysaccharides in matrimony vine have also been shown to have anti-tumor properties, which may help to prevent the growth and spread of cancer cells. While more research is needed in this area, incorporating matrimony vine into your diet may be a simple and natural way to help protect yourself against cancer.
8. Tonifying Kidney: In traditional Chinese medicine, matrimony vine is also known for its ability to tonify the kidney. The kidney is an important organ in Chinese medicine as it is believed to play a vital role in the body’s overall health and vitality. Tonifying the kidney with matrimony vine is said to improve energy levels, strengthen muscles and bones, and nourish the reproductive system. Matrimony vine is also believed to help balance yin and yang energies in the body, which is essential for overall health and wellbeing. While more research is needed to fully understand the effects of matrimony vine on the kidney, its long history of use in Chinese medicine suggests that it may be a beneficial addition to any kidney tonifying regimen.
In conclusion, matrimony vine is a superfood that offers numerous health benefits. It is easy to incorporate into your diet – you can eat the berries raw, add them to smoothies, or use them in baking. As always, it’s important to consult with your doctor before adding any new food or supplement to your diet.